THEY CAMPAIGNED FOR CHANGE …… “THE TAXPAYERS” OF AKRONAuthor: admin | Filed under: Uncategorized
Naysayers Beware !
Well, Well, Well, to all the Pro-Plusquellic people in Akron (We know, only a few exist) and to his friends such as Chrissy Hynde and Tony Troppe, we here at Akron Watch want to let you know that the team effort to recall Mayor Don did a great job in petitioning in Akron.
We are told that today at 1 pm Change Akron Now headed up by Warner Mendenhall have collected over 5,000 signatures. 5,000 you say? Yes, that’s 60% more than is needed. We thank all the hardworking volunteers who circulated the petition. We resoundingly thank the citizens who were willing to step up and be counted who are screaming their commitment to “dare to be different.”
Be proud for you are filled with integrity! You cared and did something about it.
There is still much to be done and we are only in the first inning of the ballgame but with the overwhelming support of the citizens and taxpayers of Akron the next inning will be cheered on by the roaring crowd of those tired of being bullied, feeling like they can’t do anything to make a difference.
The critics should be silenced today. Akron Watch will be there to witness this historical political effort in Akron and to celebrate in the success when not only the recall goes to the voters (who were not afraid to sign and cheerfully those that can vote in silence). Mayor Don-you should take a closer look at yourself, not only those 5,000 people who want to vote you out but many more will make it known on a ballot that it’s time for your reign to end.
As for WatchingAkronWatch.org who continued to make fun of the effort throwing sticks and stones…
- The 41 signatures and counting….collected 13,000% more than they reported.
- The “Wabbly Wagon” obviously turned into the “Wagon Train” we promised. In fact it was overloaded with supporters. No stretch there, just facts.
- Speaking of facts….where are yours? You promised more to come with Parker Family Limited and their so called Development effort. We have been waiting and disappointed…couldn’t you find anything?
- And our “grassroots” recall effort apparently had plenty of fertilizer.
- And as for Joe Finley, who broke ties with the recall effort, he might have done so a little prematurely. Maybe he’s having the 19th Nervous Breakdown you accused us of.
The Citizens for Akron group were able to obtain 931 signatures (Click here to view) which has a lot of city and county workers on it, against the 5,000 signatures Change Akron Now obtained from citizens and taxpayers. That closes the first inning with a score of 5 to 1 in favor of the recall. This score proves that it’s not impossible, if you didn’t have opportunity the first time, take advantage of the second inning and stand up and be counted.
So…on we go excitingly to the next inning. We have and will continue to live and work by a quote we have coined…
If you think you can’t, you won’t
If you think you can, you might
If you know you can, you will !
AND YOU DID….KUDOS to the VOLUNTEERS and THE TAXPAYERS OF AKRON!
WE KNOW WE CAN, AND WE WILL!